Thursday 29 June 2017

Kashmakash

 Chapter 3



This part is toughest one I wrote, but whole foundation of story relay on this. May be little heavy to digest.







" Okey , I ll tell you everything..Geet calm down first ..for...for " he yelled, to get her attention " For your Maan..Listen to me once please " He rubbed her back.." YOUR MAAN " after these words, nothing much was needed to get a grip on her..Her hold loosened..



" I will tell you everything in detail. But be a good girl, a lay down on bed properly. " with concern, he said in dominating tone..She followed his instructions..waiting him to start, what he had to tell her ? She was his slave in love and he was master.



 He heard right from Daddi,  that it was gonna be little tough to make her understand.. But she would trust his blindly..



He took a deep breath..Covered her properly with blanket. He gripped her both hands, within his (hands) " Geet that phase of life, you hold your memory We never met..even a single time. I didn't know you.But within the span of  2 years..Everything has been changed.." It was really embarrassing, he had to keep her in dark..Left with no other option. She gave him a quizzical look..

( She is 19, so doesn't remember about past two years of events. Due to lost memory. She knows only how her life was till 17th year.)



Both kept mum for quite long..But she could read those lines of worry on his forehead..Was something wrong happened, in forgotten phase of her life , that he was hesitating to utter... Something related to her family.. " Suniye ! "  in down tone she broke the spell...



Just one word diverted his whole attention ..Brought him out of trance.." huh Geet  "


"  Don't bother..I am ready to listen..I know you are worried about my health.I have lost my memory ,what could be more worse to hear. But I haven't lost my mind..To that society I belong , a girl can't speak, but her mind makes her this much strong, that she get used to bear every mental & physical torture..staying within norms set by male dominating society " she freed her hand , and trailed it over his upper arm till elbow..to convince him to speak up..She dared to touch him, how ! even she didn't notice 



Maan felt odd..felt guilty..getting this much closer to a girl, who belonged to his brother..But he couldn't run anywhere..No place was for him to hid, in this vast world..Like he did last time..running to Sam..He wanted to keep Geet at a little distance..But all in vein..She would get hurt or sense his turmoil.When she trusted him blindly ?


He was not any script writer..Playing with emotions of Geet, how could he knit a story,with that rough plot Daddi narrated to him ? But yes shrewd businessman Maan Singh Khuraana could play with digits..He never left any loophole, while achieving his his target, for which he had to regret in future..



He didn't know much about her family..Except this Brij guy as Geet mentioned in her talk..Her devil cousin.. Geet was about 3- 4 weeks pregnant..So had to convince Geet ,that they got married around  5 weeks back.



She was waiting him to speak..


" Till five weeks ago, you were living like same , in your same old world What ever happened..that happened during past 5 weeks" in hollow tone, he started to raise the curtains from scripted past..



" 5 weeks ?" she repeated..



Maan entangled fingers in her fingers..His words trembled, vacantly he matched eyes with her " Before that, I never been there at your place..I mean HP.. But Daddi had already cleard her intentions to make you Khuraana Bahu In her prospective you were the only one.." she blushed hearing this from him own mouth " During past two years.I completed my studies.Even were handling business..But wasn't stuck to one place..I was roaming around the world..Where ever I wanted, when ever I wanted...Then one idea struck Daddi's mind, to settle me in life." he smiled inwardly..Yes no doubt this was true..His Daddi always did different experiments on him..But nothing worked..This was the one among those, ie same engagement drama  from where he ran away , ruining not just Daddi's plan..But innocent girl's life too...



She noticed broadening smile at corners of his perfect M shape lips..." Which idea ?" curious  girl interrupted..with her undertone words..He could here.No one was around..She placed hand over his knee.



He looked away for while, before giving unexpected jolt to her..Which was a lie but ultimate truth for her..He sighed deeply "Our engagement then marriage  Yes I never saw you ..But Daddi had prepared me mentally for long.. That you and only you were right life partner for me" he glanced  at her.. She was looking here and there..He could feel her nervousness , how she was rubbing hand over his knee...The long awaited dream of her, he was talking about that..Even he was willing to get married to her..Might be due to Daddi , she was part of his thinking..his future..



" Geet what happened  ? Tum theek ho na.Should I call the doctor "She nodded in denial..



" Wo wo ...actually...aaaactually " she searched for proper words " I mean You never objected to accept me..Being a foreign educated...still you didn't have any problem to accept a small town girl..? " she always had this question in mind..But she never took it  seriously...Even there was no scope..Her destiny was planned by her elders..Who didn't bother then why she ? She had no rite..



" What I did, that was a Sin.Even can't confess it..For your all questions my answer is yes..Yes I rejected Daddi's proposal..So she tricked me. But what was your fault ? Even being highly educated, I stoop such low forgetting my moral values..Dumped you without thinking about your future twice...What I got in return ?  What I reaped, same I sowed..Sam ditched me for whom I dumped you..I deserved it..yes I " he thought She was waiting for his reaction..Another lie from him to be accepted as ultimate truth by her.


" Geet ! I am a straight forward person..Just have one answer for all your queries.My Daddi is everything for me...Yes I was not ready such soon,yet never denied..I knew well, I will have to get married to a girl of Daddi's choice..Off course it was you..Daddi gave me ultimatum five weeks ago, to come back to India for our engagement."Geet heart skipped its beats with his frank replay.Really this happened ? They really got engaged ?



Still like typical traditional girl..she couldn't express her feelings..As she learnt from childhood Otherwise a girl always taken as unethical..Her relaxed face conveyed her emotions to Maan.. " I know what you are thinking ? Yes I came..All of us went to HP..Where preparations had been done in prior My Daddi and your Grand Father had discussed everything about our alliance..But ..." he gulped next words...



" But ? What happened  ? " with unknown fear that why he used this word.. She came to sitting posture...within fraction of second...It was not good in this condition..Not for Baby..Tears rolled down from her cheeks.." What happened then?" she grabbed his shoulder...crying bitterly..



" Instead of engagement , our marriage took place. " to calm her down , he said in one go..closing his eyes tightly..


Struck dumb , she gazed him. Her mind was numb..Maan got married to her.How ? She was his wife..


" You said you are strong at mind..But I don't think so..Thats why without listening to me..You are coming to different conclusions on every fact I am telling you..Tell me how to carry in, in this way ? How to tell you what happened , why happened ?"  he regretted , reminding her oral statement..He got a grip over, his deteriorating  mental state..with each passing moment..


" Ji, I was scared..But..but how ? haaaow.I mean you n me got married'  lowering her gaze..and in shivering voice , she replied..



                          
                  Tum Mere Dil Main Rehte Ho Sadda. 
                    
                           Kaise Tumhari Nazron Main Aa Bassi ? 

                              Tumhari Soch Ka Hissa Hu Main.

                                  Per Kya Kaho-gay Kabhi,

                            K Tumhare Dil Main, Mayn Hun Kahin?







" Every inch of my narration is a truth..Yes we got married.Actually our Kul Purohit Ji suggested, Our wedding should happen within 6 days or according to our Khundalis we had to wait for Subh Mahurat coming next year..Daddi Maa suggested engagement was the best option. In this way, I could complete an important project in UK..After my return next year, she was planning for our marriage..But your so called Brij Veer Ji..I never met him before, he picked another irrelevant issue" how he had been engrossed in narrating a story, which had no existence. Even he was surprised.He was serious, a totally new man was there.


" Unko to har baat main apni taag (leg) adaani hoti hai..Jaroor kuch tamasha kiya hoga..Even none could dare to challenge his decision Neither my Papa Ji..He always manipulates my Darji's mind ? " She sniffed..Maan felt great change in her behaviour, being satisfied with a feeling, that this man belonged to her only..Opened up more with him.


He got up from bed..Geet's satirical remark over Brij...was so funny, he laughed inwardly.Hiding his lips ,with back of folded fist. 


"Yes you are rite ? He did so..He was not ready to let me go like this. According to him, I spent most of my life in foreign. So I could break our alliance for any other high society girl, if waited for long.What was your future than.." Maan sighed deeply 


" A matter which could be sorted out easily, turned into huge clash. He raised fingers on may intentions. In his bloody self ego, he broke our engagement before it took place.It was just a small family affair but ended up with bashing, accusations, bringing bitterness in relations.We came back to rest house.."  he stamping Geet's views about her brother.. 



 " Then how you married me..?" innocently she asked.




She gripped his wrist, compelling him to sit beside her.. " I don't know what bond you and my Daddi share ? She was not ready to loose you..Most importantly, when I was mentally prepared by Daddi's numerous attempts" He was aware of his GM's limitless love for Geet..When Dev was critical, Daddi herself was in ICU..Still only Geet's well being , her reputation was on old's lady's mind.    This was selfless not like him the selfish person..




" Mentally prepared ! It means you were not willing from heart ?" her remark put him in more awkward situation..She was judging him side by side


" Geet , I was not with you ever.So from my side there was acceptance first for you, then love comes..I accepted you, as my own.When this acceptance turns to love no one knows.But sometimes year old love affair only leaves a person in endless pain.After meeting you now.I feel acceptance then falling in love can be more beautiful, than love at first sight." his eyes got blur, thinking about his shameful act..But this acceptance was not gonna be so simple..There was lots effort, he had to put by own side.  Was his destiny gonna mark his words ?  Acceptance is more beautiful than love at first sight...He was narrating a story, to pacify her...like from an movie with hero, heroine, and there was a villain too.But how this practical man suddenly turned emotional one?



" You are rite some where.I had accepted you as my fate.When it turned into love..I didn't know..I am happy still, if our relation is limited to acceptance..But how we got married?  Even after Brij Veer Ji's drama.. " she was satisfied, at least he was not feeling this relation a burden ....was curious to know, how her fairy tale dream came true..



" No one was else there in your fairy tale except me..Yes I was your fate..You are mine from now onwards..But with existence of some one else between us forever " he thought..



Maan took a deep breath " Daddi planned our secret marriage overnight. Going against your family's wishes..On same Shubh Mahuraat.According to her, your family would left with no other option, once we got married. If she left you behind. Birj could do anything. Even could tie you in a knot with someone, which no where suited you."Maan's every word was true, she thought Brij might have done so, to satisfy his so called self ego.In a fear that Daddi would come back again to brain wash his family.


" Yeh sach hai wo kissi bhi had takk utar sakte hai, apni baat manvaane ko "shrinking her brows she replied.



Maan was amazed, he knew so little about Brij, still he had made him the worst villain in history, in his story and Geet was supporting it..That meant Brij was such a devil..If he was not behind, attack on Dev n Her... How ever he continued with his story "Even I had to leave for London in next 5-6 days . Daddi planned to convince your family on my return and will declare our marriage with grand reception.But everything was on your approval that you were willing to take this much big step" he raised his brow, reading her expressions..How she was moving eyes here and there, bitting her lower lip.Like was estimating what might be her reaction then ? 



" I am sure, I said yes thats why we got married..What you think I am that fool ? "  she gave a tough look..


" No no  when I said you are fool..I said me and my Daddi are super genius.." he teased to cheer her up little..


His heart was saying, he had no rite to snatch precious moments of her life from her, what she was listening from him..He was enjoying her company..But his mind was in KASHMAKASH...She was not his..



She glared him " I am not in mood to mess..You know how much impatient I am to know.. Otherwise going against my declaration of Girl with strong mind..I am gonna be mad soon.."



" O--O---O " He made O face in reply. 


" Yup,u said yes.How don't ask me ? Coz Daddi was plan maker..As I knew nothing about your area or family.Just I picked you from little far from your home.In darkness of night.." he left this question to be answered by Daddi later.."Within hours we got married in rest house.Before this news reached your family..We were in Khuraana territory.Where no one can dare to enter without permission.." Proudly he said..This was extremely true...



" Sach main hamari shadi ho gayi 5 weeks back..Aur aap mujhe saath le kar aaye..to kya meri family ko manna liya aapne.." She was excited like a little child..Geet hugged him tightly..As he was hers with all rights..But still he own no rite on her.In reality they still had to get married.



Maan clinched his fists, he was hesitating to hug her back..He was fighting with himself..Was in KASHMAKSH...How to claim her as own ? When she didn't belong to him..



His rapid heart beats circulated blood more than enough, veins flooded with extra blood, reaching to his brain too..Which turned out to be a volcano, was gonna erupt any soon..He wanted to yell, scream,to bring out his  inner turmoil But no one was there for him..


Getting a grip over self, he hugged her back..As much tight as he can..This was sudden reaction.Tears escaped from his eyes. " Yes we got married..We both accompanied Daddi to our Chandigarh House here.After six days.I left for London, leaving you with Daddi for few weeks..But as  this devastating news of your accident reached me...I came back within next possible flight.three days back from today " he was thinking about Dev too..But couldn't disclose that he was with her too.He hurriedly wiped his eyes.


" After I regained my conciousness, Daddi told me , on accident day , she had taken me to spend some time outside..While crossing road, a high speed car was about to crush me.Our driver saved me somehow But left deep injury on head. and I had lost my two years of memory Did she told you too ? I don't remember anything.." she sobbed, Resting cheek over his shoulder..



" Yes she did, but don't cry.See you are fit and fine in front of me.." Wrapping one arm around her waist from back, he riffled her hair with other hand..to console her..


" Now I don't regret that I lost my memory..What ever you told that is past. We will have a fresh start. Hai na ? " she looked at him with hope filled eyes..


" Haan, Geet a fresh start. We will make new memories now onwards." He didn't let her confidence down on him. He would mark both of their promises fron now onwards. 


" Don' t you ever leave me..Look what happened,Promise ?" she put her hand in front, to get promise..


" Yes I promise.I ll never.." he covered her palm with his ..tightening in fist..


"  I have no other place to go.But is it that easy to accept on brother's love ? Kaisi KASHMAKASH hai yeh..With one wrong decision, I am on the verge to loose life related to me..Aur yeh sahi faisla mujhe pal pal mujhe maarega aab" his heart cried...


" Apni Patni ka haq main cheen nahi sakta..aur usper haq jataa bhi nahi sakta..Us maasoom zindgi ka kya kasoor, jo abhi duniya main bhi nahi aayi...Kya uska Pitaa ban paauga kabhi ? " he was in dilemma..Some where he was responsible for it...


" Still..still I am in KASHMAKASH...a girl who loves me unconditionally With such a high moral values..Just by mentioning of her brother, she got scared..On other hand, my Dev, he knew Geet belonged to me only. Even if I rejected her..What such happened that, these two took such an bold step.Without keeping its outcomes in mind. after few weeks. What blunder I did, at Geet's house on engagement day. Daddi told me how much impatient Dev was to get married to her." He compelled Geet to lay down on bed, trying to link up all events. But ended up at no conclusion.



He played with her emotions well, with own written script..He laid foundation for a life, he had to live..So to give her secure future..A dignified life n to give own name to her child..Giving everything with expecting nothing...With a fear one day everything could be snatched from him..He was ditching Geet second time..Now for her betterment..


His life was a KASHMAKASH every second...Every way he was the sufferer from now onwards...




Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment